Please note that the submissions deadline has passed. The call for the ISCB Travel Fellowship is closed
The International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) will provide travel fellowships to help students and postdocs attend the ECCB2022 to present a talk or a poster at the conference. Funding sources for travel fellowships are very limited, and we regret that we may not be able to fund all applicants. The conference organizers are committed to supporting as many eligible applicants as possible. Fellowship consideration is based on ISCB membership, accepted work to ECCB2022 and country economic status based on World Bank rankings.
Travel fellowship application overview
- The applicants must be the presenting author of at least one submission sent in the calls for Proceedings, Highlight Papers, Applications or Posters. The presenting authors can send a travel fellowship application before receiving the acceptance notification for their submissions; if their submissions are accepted for presentation at the conference, they will be shortlisted among the candidates who applied for travel funding
- The applicant must be a current member of ISCB before applying.
- All applicants must attend all four days of the main conference (September 18-21) and secure additional funding from other sources to be able to cover the full costs of attending the conference.
Travel fellowships can be used to pay for partial or full costs of ECCB2022 conference registration, travel expenses, a maximum of 650 EUR in hotel accommodation, a maximum of 120 EUR in meal allowance, and COVID-19 testing. Additional expenses, such as registration fees to attend workshops, tutorials and satellite meetings, will not be eligible for reimbursement. The grant will be sent to the funded applicant after the ECCB2022 conference.
Applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding. If you require a fellowship to attend the conference, do not register until after being notified that you have received an award
- Applicant must be the presenting author of an accepted ECCB2022 proceedings paper, highlight paper, application or poster.
- Applicant must be a current ISCB member whose membership does not expire prior to the last day of the conference (September 21, 2022). Memberships must be paid in full prior to the submission of a travel fellowship application.
- These fellowships are reserved for MSc students, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers with a position at an accredited university or college at the time of the conference. Evidence of student or postdoctoral status is mandatory to meet the eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must pay for the costs of attending the conference upfront. After the conference, applicants will be asked to submit receipts for travel that equal or exceed the announced award amount to receive the full award funding. Details of receipt submission and funding distribution will be included in the acceptance letter.
- Fellowship grantees must acknowledge the ISCB support in their poster and/or scientific talk.
Please fill in the following form by June 2, 2022 [23:59h, CEST], to formalise your travel fellowship application:
After the submission deadline, no changes to your application can be made. Multiple applications and applications without evidence of eligibility will be excluded.
The acceptance notification of fellowship applications will be sent by June 14, 2022, via email. Applicants selected for funding will receive an acceptance letter including further details.
If your attendance at the ECCB2022 conference is dependent on receipt of a travel fellowship, please wait until the acceptance notification of travel fellowships before registering.
|Thu, 12 May 2022||Travel fellowship application open|
|Thu, 2 June 2022||Submission deadline for ISCB Travel Fellowships|
|Tue, 14 June 2022||Acceptance notification for ISCB Travel Fellowships|
|Mon, 20 June 2022||Registration deadline for Proceedings’ authors|
|Fri, 1 July 2022||Registration deadline for Highlight Papers’ and Applications’ authors|
|Thu, 14 July 2022||Registration deadline for Posters’ authors|
Travel fellowship funds
|Asia (excluding the Middle East)||400 EUR|
|Mexico / Central America||400 EUR|
|Middle East||300 EUR|
|South America||550 EUR|
|United States||450 EUR|
For any questions regarding the fellowship application please contact the technical secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org